Live theatre has a unique power to present an issue so that it resonates in a way no classroom setting or textbook can duplicate. Theatre can bring history to life, shed new light on complex issues and educate without preaching. Far beyond being a tool for just Language Arts and Drama teachers, theatre can help teachers in Science, History, Social Studies, Psychology and Canadian Studies add new dimensions to their curriculum.
Prairie Theatre Exchange is proud of our twenty-plus years of presenting interesting and topical adult plays to Manitoba's high school students. In our intimate little theatre, our young audiences experience stories that have an impact and which extend the classroom curriculum into new and exciting realms.
Some of the benefits of including the PTE Season in your curriculum this year:
- Post-performance discussions with the company for every show
- Resource material for each performance researched and prepared to enhance the educational effect of the play on your class and curriculum
- Complimentary tickets for accompanying teachers or supervisors
- Access to supplementary workshops
- Facility tours for groups of any size
- Central location close to all bus routes
Audience Advisory: Please note that the PTE season is comprised of plays written for an adult audience, and contain adult themes. In order for teachers to properly prepare their students, detailed information on adult-based themes are included in the study guides.
TICKETS: $10 each (includes all fees and taxes)
Teachers come free with groups of 25 or more.
Please call Haanita Seval at (204) 925-5256 for more info.
The Third Colour
Wednesday, October 16, 2019 at 11 am
(a second matinee may be added on Wednesday, October 9, depending on demand)
The Gingerbread Girl
Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 11 am